Republican Party Western New Castle Convention District Rules and By-Laws
Article 1. Name. The name of the organization shall be the Western New Castle Convention District Committee of the Republican Party of Delaware here in referred to as the Region.
Article 2. Purpose. The purpose of the Region shall be to promote the interests of the Republican Party, its members , representatives and candidates in the community for the improvement of our society.
Article 3. Members. The members of the Region shall be registered to vote as Republicans in the State of Delaware and residents of the Region who meet the requirements set forth in Article 4 Section 2 hereof. The Region consists of the 18th, 19th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, and 26th Representative Districts .
Article 4. Organization.
Section 1. The Regional Committee shall be made up of the representatives of the Region as defined in Section 2 of this Article.
Section 2. Membership. The Committee shall consist of the following: One Election District Chairperson from each Election District chosen according to the Rules of the Election District : Five additional members from each Election District chosen according to the Rules thereof: The Chairperson and Vice Chairperson of the Representative Districts: The Region Chairperson , Vice Chairperson and Treasurer of the Region Committee. In no event shall any one person have more than one vote.
Section 3. Districts. Districts will select members according to their own Rules and By-Laws. Representatives shall serve until a successor is selected or a loss of qualification may occur. In the event a Representative District should fail to select a member or members the Regional Chairperson (with the concurrence of the Region Committee) may appoint any resident of the Region as Acting Member from that Representative District until a fully qualified replacement is selected .
Section 4. Convention Officers. The Regional Committee shall by January 15 of the year of a Presidential election hold a meeting to elect Officers of the Regional Committee. The results shall be forwarded to the Republican State Committee by January 30. The Officers of the Regional Committee shall be a Chairperson , Vice Chairperson and Treasurer and each shall serve a term of 4 years or until replacement, resignation, death or disqualification per Article 4. In the case of vacancy in the office of Chairperson the Regional Committee shall meet within 30 days to select a replacement. The Regional Chairperson shall have the right to select a Secretary of the Region Committee and such additional Officers as he or she may deem advisable. The Chairman shall have the authority to appoint such subcommittees as he or she may deem advisable. Such subcommittees shall be governed b such rules and procedures as the Chairman may direct.
Article 5. Duties of the Officers.
a) The Chairperson
1. Shall preside at all meetings of the Regional Committee and the Executive Committee.
2. Has the responsibility for seeing that all Representative District Committees are organized.
3. Has the responsibility for seeing that all members of Representative District Committees are indentified to The Republican State Committee.
4. Is the Leader and spokesperson of the Regional Committee to the Delaware Republican party and the public.
5. Appoint with the concurrence of the Executive Committee Delegates to the National Convention.
b) Vice Chairperson.
1. Shall perform the duties of the Chairperson in his or her absence.
1. Shall keep all financial records of the Regional Committee and issue such financial reports and audits as the Chairperson should require.
Article 6. Meetings. The Regional Committee shall meet at least six times during each General Election year and twice in each other year. A quorum for a meeting shall consist of at least 1 person from each of a majority of Representative Districts in the Region. Proxy voting shall not be permitted.
Article 7. Executive Committee. There shall be an Executive Committee consisting of the Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Treasurer, Chairperson of each Representative District and the elected Republican State Representative and State Senator representing any portion of the Region,
Article 8. Delegates to the State Convention. Delegate positions shall be allocated to the Chairperson and Vice Chairperson of the Region Committee. The Chairperson in conjunction with members of Executive Committee shall apportion the remainder of the Delegate and Alternate positions as designated by the State Rules to the Representative District Committees. Names of proposed Delegates and Alternates are to be forwarded to the Region Chairperson by a date selected by him or her. In the event any Delegate or Alternate position remains unfilled after this date the Region Chairperson shall have the authority to appoint such person or person as he or she may deem advisable to fill such position.The Delegates at a meeting or meetings called by the Region Chairperson prior to the Convention shall elect a Chairperson, Vice Chairperson and Recording Secretary. The delegation shall then select representatives to the various committees at the Convention.
Article 9. Amendments. These Rules may be amended by the following procedure.
1. The proposed amendment shall be proposed in writing at a meeting of the Region Committee at which a quorum is present and shall be read into the minutes.
2. The proposed Amendment shall be mailed or emailed to the last known address of all Committee members at least two weeks prior to a meeting of the Region Committee at which time the Amendment shall require a 2/3rds majority vote of those members of the Region Committee present .Accepted and Approved the 30th day of January, 2012